Friday, March 1, 2013

Prince's Hometown Burger

My husband spotted this restaurant on his drive home from work one day and thought it might be a fun place to try.

The first location in Houston opened in 1932.   There are now four locations here.  I am not sure if they are all decorated the same, but the one we visited is decorated in a 50's motif.  It is definitely a fun place, in my opinion.  There was a jukebox that was playing 50's music.


As you can see, the place was practically empty on a Thursday night at 6 p.m.   A few people came in after I took these photos.

I ordered The Lone Star 1/2 burger for $7.99.  It included fries and onion rings.  I had a choice of the poppy seed bun or wheat bun.  I chose poppy seed.

The Lone Star Burger which has Cheddar Cheese, Hickory Sauce, Grilled Onions and Bacon.
I really liked the burger.  The hickory sauce really made this burger.  The fries were nicely seasoned.  The onion rings were also good. 

Jeff ordered the Prince's Original Burger.  This burger comes with their special sauce.  It is a tomato-based sauce that Jeff did not like. It is a 1/3 lb., all-beef patty, with mustard, onions, pickles, tomato & Prince's Sauce. $4.49.  He ordered onion rings on the side as well as Primo Fries which have Queso, sour cream, chives, jalapenos & bacon.  $4.99   We both really liked the Primo Fries.

Prince's Original Burger and onion rings in the back and Primo Fries in the front.
I have had a problem finding good burgers here in Houston, but Prince's has a good burger.  I would love to eat here again.


Prince's Hamburgers on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment