Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Big Mommas Catfish & Pies

Big Mommas is a hole in the wall place in Sanger, TX.  We ate here on a Saturday night.  Orders are placed at the counter and then the food is brought to your table.



I read all the reviews before we went and decided ahead of time that I would have their chicken fried steak as most said it was really good.  I chose fried green beans and mashed potatoes as my sides.  A roll or cornbread also come with your meal. 


The chicken fried steak was good, but I have had better.  It was tender, but the breading wasn't all that great to me.  The fried green beans were really good.  The waitress asked if I wanted Ranch dressing as a dipping sauce and I said yes.  That really made them good.

Jeff ordered blackened catfish, baked potato and a salad.  I didn't get photos of his food.  He said it was good.  I tried the catfish and it was spicy.

We enjoyed eating here.  The service was pretty good although the waitresses had trouble delivering the food quickly because they were also taking orders.  We noticed some of the food sat on the counter for a while before it was delivered. 

If we lived in this area, we would make a return visit.


Big Mommas Catfish & Pies on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment