Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Marino's Italian Restaurant


This restaurant has been open since 1970.  We heard from some friends that this is a place that we must try.  The thing that makes this place unique is that along with complimentary bread, diners are given half a Cornish hen and a bean salad.  I am not sure why they do it, but it is nice.

Bread, Bean Salad that has an Italian dressing and Cornish Hen that are complimentary.
I was disappointed that the menu did not include any cream sauces.  They only have red sauces.  I ordered the Chicken Marsala and my side was spaghetti.  The Chicken Marsala was delicious!  The chicken was so tender.  The sauce tasted more like a beef gravy to me, but it was great.  I didn't care as much for the spaghetti.  The sauce lacked flavor.  The dinner also came with a side salad.  I ordered it with house dressing.  The house dressing is a sweet creamy Italian.  It was good.

Chicken Marsala

Jeff ordered the Surf and Turf.  Cheese ravioli was his side.  He was very disappointed in his meal.  I told him that you don't go to an Italian place and order Surf and Turf.  He agreed.

Surf & Turf

Cheese Ravioli
The waitress was very nice.  The service was fast until it came time to pay the bill.  Jeff wanted to order dessert but changed his mind when the service slowed down.  He decided it wasn't worth waiting on dessert. We enjoyed eating here, but wish they would expand their menu to include some cream sauces.

Marino's Italian Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment