Monday, August 26, 2013

Taxco Restaurant

Taxco Restaurant is a Mexican restaurant in Sycamore, IL.  It is located in the downtown section of town. 

We ate here on a Saturday evening.  We were greeted promptly and our waitress was very friendly.  The decor in the restaurant is nice.


We were served chips and salsa while we waited for our food.  The chips were thicker than I normally like, but I liked them.  The salsa was good.  It is somewhat spicy.

My favorite dish at Mexican restaurants is a chimichanga with shredded beef for the filling.  I decided to try something different this time.  I ordered the #4 Chimtaxco which is a small skirt steak, beef burrito, chicken tostada, cheese enchilada, rice & beans for $11.

Chimtaxco
I really liked the skirt steak. The beef burrito was much smaller than I expected.  The only thing I didn't like was the chicken tostado.  I just didn't like the texture of the shredded chicken. I liked the enchilada which surprised me because I am normally not a fan.  Jeff had the same meal and he liked everything.

We really enjoyed eating here and we may return since we will be in the area for a while.


Taxco Restaurant Too on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment