Sunday, August 4, 2013

Uncle Lou's Fried Chicken

Uncle Lou's is a restaurant that has appeared on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives.  Guy said on The Best Thing I Ever Ate, that the chicken was the best he had ever eaten.  We had to try it with that endorsement.


We were greeted at the door by Uncle Lou, I think, or at least it was the man that was on the show.  The menu on the wall was a little confusing, but we were handed a regular menu.

I ordered the three piece chicken meal (all dark meat) with onion rings.  Jeff ordered the three piece meal (mixed) with fried pickles.
Jeff ordered all of his chicken with the "spicy sweet love sauce".  I ordered mine regular and one with sauce.
The chicken is good.  I can't say that it is the best that I have ever eaten.  Jeff, however, thought the skin on the chicken was great.  The sauce is good.  They sell it bottles and even in gallons if you really like it.

I wasn't fond of the fried pickles.  Yes, the order is huge especially since it is a side item, but I didn't care for the breading on it.  Jeff said they cheated on the onion rings because they were definitely frozen and not made there.

I enjoyed eating here.  The staff was very friendly.  The restaurant seemed to have only tourists in it while we were there.  I say that because everyone was taking photos and even took photos with Uncle Lou.

Uncle Lou's Fried Chicken on Foodio54
Uncle Lou's Fried Chicken on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment