Monday, December 17, 2012

Maggie Rita's Modern Mexican


We ate here on a Saturday night.  The thing that surprised me was that the place was empty except for another couple.  We were the only diners after they left for a while.  People started coming in after 7 p.m.  I just don't understand why the place was empty.  The place is great!

Two salsas with chips were served.  I think one was an avocado.  It was smooth and had a bit of a spice to it.  The other was a basic red salsa, but it was also very good.

I was delighted to see that they served chimichangas.  I have found that not all restaurants here serve them.  I ordered a chimi chili with grilled beef fajita as the filling.  It was a lightly fried large flour tortilla stuffed with refried beans and shredded cheese topped with chili con carne served with Spanish rice, guacamole and sour cream. 
Chimi-Chili
Jeff ordered Shrimp Diablo- Grilled bacon wrapped jumbo shrimp, Serrano pepper wedge and pepper jack cheese served sizzling on a bed of sautéed vegetables with our spicy mango sauce.

Shrimp Diablo
We enjoyed the food. My serving was so large, that I took some of it home.  It tasted just as good when it was  re-heated.

Inside photo

I would love to eat here again.

Maggie Rita's Modern Mex on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment