Wednesday, April 24, 2013

NoNo's Cafe

Outside of NoNo's Cafe

Nono's Cafe is a Cajun cooking with a Southern flare.  We were told by the hostess that the owners are from Louisiana.  We ate here on a Saturday afternoon. It is a very family friendly place.  On the weekends, you can have breakfast until 2 p.m.  The menu has so many different things to choose from and it was hard to make a decision.

Inside

Another inside photo
I started my meal with a side salad.  I chose the House dressing which is a mix between Ranch and Garlic Vinaigrette.  I wasn't really fond of the dressing.  The croutons were very spicy.


I ordered the Bayou Burger.  Here is the description from the menu: A great, quality burger grilled to your liking. Served on a toasted Kaiser roll, with shredded lettuce, covered with roast beef gravy, and topped with tomatoes, and our pickles and Cajun island dressing. Served with Zapp's potato chips.

Bayou Burger
 I wondered how messy it would be with gravy on it, but the gravy was on the plate.  It was really good!  The Kaiser roll was nicely toasted.  I was a little disappointed that chips came with the burger instead of fries, but they were good.

My husband ordered the Monica Smothered Catfish.  The menu description: Lightly blackened catfish draped with our crawfish monica cream sauce, served over rice with tomatoes vinaigrette.

Monica Smothered Catfish
My husband said this was the best meal he has had in Denver and he really, really liked it.

The staff was very friendly and prompt.  We really liked NoNo's Cafe and if we were staying longer in Denver, we would eat here again.


NoNo's Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment