Friday, April 12, 2013

Old Capitol Grill

This restaurant is located in Golden, CO.  It is a small town that is full of shops and restaurants.

Golden, CO

My husband and I ate here on a Saturday afternoon.  The place was very busy, but we were seated promptly.  I felt sorry for our waiter because he had a lot of tables.  He did the best he could and he was constantly on the move.

I was a little disappointed that I couldn't find out the history of the building.  I thought there might be something on the menu, but there wasn't anything.  Was it really the old Capitol?  I am not sure.  The building is old though.

I ordered the trail burger. It is a ½ lb fresh chuck with hickory bacon, BBQ sauce, American cheese, 1000 Island Dressing, lettuce and tomato on a soft bun.   I thought the BBQ sauce and 1000  Island Dressing sounded like an interesting combo, but I would have liked it much better without the 1000 Island Dressing.  The burger was good, not great.  The fries would have been better if they were warmer.  We were both really surprised to see that our meals were served with an apple.  I have never seen whole apples served with meals before this.

Trail Burger
Jeff ordered the Buffalo Melt which is listed as a restaurant favorite.  It is a 1/2 lb American buffalo patty with Texas toothpicks, grilled onions, American cheese, and ranch dressing served on a soft bun.   He didn't care for the ranch dressing on it.  He said it was good, but not something memorable.
Buffalo Melt
This was a nice place, but we were not really impressed with the food.  It was good, but nothing we go out of our way to eat again. 


Old Capitol Grill on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment