Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Capt. Benny's

We were interested in eating at Capt. Benny's because the restaurant is shaped like a ship. I really didn't think the food would be that good, but I wanted to try it.


The outside of the restaurant.
We ate here on New Year's Day.  It was pretty empty at 2 p.m.

Inside
I ordered the chicken tenders since I am allergic to shellfish.

Chicken tenders with fries, coleslaw, garlic bread and hush puppies.
 I really enjoyed the meal. It was $7.99 and I felt I got more for my money than at Long John Silver's.  The hush puppies have jalapenos in them, I think.

Captain's Platter
Jeff ordered the Captain's Platter which includes fried shrimp, scallops, catfish fillet and stuffed crab. It also comes with fries, hush puppies, garlic bread and coleslaw.  Jeff didn't like the shrimp as it is breaded with corn meal.  He thought the rest of the food was good.

I really enjoyed eating here.  I thought the decor was fun and the waitstaff was very friendly. I would like to eat here again.

Capt. Benny's Half Shell on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment