Thursday, January 17, 2013

Orleans Seafood Kitchen

We ate here on a Saturday afternoon.  This is a restaurant where you stand in line and order your food.  You pay at the counter and are given a beeper so that you know when your food is ready to be picked up.  I am not fond of these type of restaurants, but it is a money saver and time saver.  Customers do not have to wait for a waitress to take their order or to bring them their bill and then take their payment.  Waitstaff does not come to the table, so there is no need to leave a tip.  I guess when I look at it that way, it is not so bad.

This is a seafood restaurant, but they do have items for land lovers.  Since I am allergic to shellfish, I was happy with their selection for people who do not want fish.

Jeff ordered the seafood platter which included shrimp, stuffed shrimp, catfish, craw fish and he ordered an extra crab.  He enjoyed the food.

We also ordered onion rings and fried pickles.  The fried pickles are cut long ways and they had a Cajun seasoning in the breading.  I thought the fried pickles were really good.  The seasoning along with the pickle was a great combination.
Seafood Platter (on left) Onion Rings and Fried Pickles (on right)
I ordered the Old Fashion Cheeseburger with fries. I was really surprised at how good it was.  I didn't expect it to be on an onion bun.  The fries were seasoned with the same Cajun seasoning that was used on the onion rings and pickles.

Old Fashioned Cheeseburger and Fries
I really enjoyed eating here and would love to eat here again.

Orleans Seafood Kitchen on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment