Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Grampa's Bakery & Restaurant

This restaurant appeared on Diner's, Drive-Ins and Dives.  They definitely want everyone to know they were on the show.  The show is playing on the TV, there is a schedule of when it will be on Food Network again, they have Guy's book for sale and there are posters on the walls and I think on a window.  I don't blame them for playing it up because it is bringing in the business for them.


The waitress we had was very sweet.  She said her parents owned the place.  The owner spoke with several customers.  It is a very pleasant place.

I really couldn't decide what I wanted to eat and I broke my own rule and ordered lasagna.  I normally only order pasta at Italian restaurants and I wish I wouldn't have broken my rule.  I didn't like it.  I didn't care for the sauce and it was actually pretty dry between the layers.  The mozzarella cheese on the top was the best part.

Lasagna with Garlic Bread

Our meals came with a side salad.  The salad is pretty plain as you can see.  It is lettuce and tomatoes.

Side Salad
We were served bread along with cinnamon rolls.  The bread and the cinnamon rolls were good.
Bread with cinnamon rolls.
Jeff ordered the Broiled Seafood Platter.  He said it was okay.

Broiled Seafood Platter
I think we would have liked it better if we had ordered something like meatloaf or maybe their fried chicken.  Their "comfort" type foods are probably really good. I also think their breakfasts are probably good, too.

A bakery is attached to the restaurant and you must enter the bakery to pay your bill.  This is another smart move on their part.  Their prices were a little high and I would have bought something, but only one person was working the bakery and taking payments and the line was long and I grew impatient, so I just paid the bill and left.

Grampa's Bakery & Restaurant on Urbanspoon


1 comment:

  1. An amazing restaurant with great setup and interiors love the furnishings specially the furniture setup. Love the wood dining chairs

    ReplyDelete