Friday, June 7, 2013

Sonny's Famous Steak Hogies

This restaurant was on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives.  I was so excited when I found out we would be traveling to Fort Lauderdale because I really wanted to try it.
The counter.

The sign on the door said they opened at 11:30 a.m.  We walked in at 11:32 a.m. and the place was packed. There were two tables left.  On the show, they explained how to order the sandwiches and I thought I had it figured it.  I knew I wanted sauce, fried onions and eat.  I thought the sauce was white though.  The waitress told me it was a red sauce.  She asked if I wanted it on the side and I said yes.  I ordered it with provolone cheese because I know I saw something white on it on TV.

50 - Steak Hogie, Sauce and Fried Onions
The provolone cheese is on the bottom.   It was good, but I was a little disappointed. I had been drooling over it since I saw it on TV and it didn't live up to my imagination.  I could have ordered it with a cheddar cheese sauce and maybe that is what it needed.   The red sauce hid too much of the flavor of the meat for me.  We were served peppers on the side.

The waitress was great.  She was very friendly and quick.

I don't think we will be going back because it didn't "WOW" us.  If you do decide to go, they only take cash.  It is rare for me to carry cash, but I had enough to cover our meal.

Sonny's Famous Steak Hogies on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. FINALLY, I added your new blog to my Feedly. Looking forward to reading your reviews.

    ReplyDelete