Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Nat's On Maple

We ate here on a Saturday night.  We almost didn't eat here because I thought the dress code might be dressier than what I like.  Since we are living in our RV, I do not own anything but jeans.  I was happy when we walked in and found other people in jeans and t-shirts.

A nice wall hanging inside Nat's.
Decor is nice.
We started our meal with fried dill pickles as an appetizer. I was really surprised by the price which was $8.25  The menu that I saw online showed the price as $5.95.  Jeff said maybe the lower price is their lunch price.  We went ahead and ordered them as I really wanted to try them.

Fried Dill Pickles
The order of fried pickles was huge!  The pickle slices were thick. They look like they were hand cut. They were very good.  The ranch dipping sauce was good, too.

The menu consists of a lot of comfort foods.  There is meatloaf as well as meatloaf sandwiches. They also serve steaks, hamburgers, seafood and pasta.  I decided to order a pasta and it took me a while to decide which one.  I chose the Chicken Saltimbocca which is fresh asparagus, mushrooms and crispy Pancetta tossed with penne pasta in a garlic Parmesan cheese sauce.

Chicken Saltimbocca
 The pasta dish was huge!  I ended up taking more than half of it home.  I really liked the mushrooms and asparagus.  It had a lot of cheese, but I thought it lacked flavor.  It needed something more.

Jeff ordered Crab Cakes.  He liked his food, but he has had better.  I told him he needs to order crab cakes in a seafood restaurant. 

Crab Cakes
Our meals came with a salad.  I thought the salad was really good.  The cherry tomatoes were really sweet.  The croutons were homemade and so good!


I really liked eating here and hope we can make a return visit.


Nat's On Maple on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment