Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Red Ox Restaurant & Bar

We have driven past this restaurant several times and decided to give it a try on a Sunday evening.


Fresh flowers are on each table. 
The restaurant serves a variety of items including steaks, chicken, pasta and pizza.  One of the specials when we were there was butt steak.  I had never heard of that, but the waitress said it was a sirloin.  I almost ordered it but decided to have a rib eye instead so that I could compare it to all the other rib eyes that I have eaten.

Our meal started off with a salad.  I asked the waitress if they had a creamy garlic dressing and she said they did.  I really liked the creamy garlic dressing at Sorrento's, so decided to have it here.  I think it might have been homemade here as it was very thick and lumpy.  I did not like it as it was really strong.

Salad with creamy garlic dressing
The rib eye dinner with baked potato.
The rib eye dinner was good.  It is one of the better ones that I have had recently, but it needed more seasoning.  I took about half home and had it in a breakfast burrito the next day. The burrito was really good.

Steak & Shrimp Combo- this is the sirloin butt steak with horseradish sauce.
Jeff said the shrimp was really good.  He liked the butt steak, but said he had a hard time tasting the horseradish.

We enjoyed eating here. Our waitress was very nice and attentive.  The prices were reasonable.  My meal was $22.95.  Jeff's was $17.95.

 Red Ox Restaurant & Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment