Thursday, September 19, 2013

Ruby Tuesdays

If you are regular reader of my blog, you know that we normally do not eat at chain restaurants that we have in St. Louis.  Why? Well, we like to try the local cuisine. We have not been to a Ruby Tuesday's in probably two years and I really wanted their croutons.  Have you had them?  They are so good!  A few years ago, I started making my own but haven't since we have been on the road.

Their salad bar is so good and now it is included with some of the meals.  It used to be an additional charge and that used to aggravate me.  The salad bar at the DeKalb location was really good. The food all looked fresh.  It was early in the day, but still.  The salad bar had the usual items along with potato salad, broccoli salad, pasta salad and coleslaw.

This is my salad creation.  Notice the black croutons.  Yum!
I ordered the rib-eye with a stuffed baked potato.  The rib-eye was thin, but had a nice flavor to it.  I enjoyed it.  The potato was good.  How could it not be good with butter, sour cream, cheese, bacon and green onions?


Jeff ordered the shrimp and baby back ribs.  He really liked the shrimp. They were wrapped in bacon.  He said the ribs were good.


I really enjoyed my meal.  I am hoping I can convince Jeff to make a return trip even though it is against our "rules" since it is a chain and we try not to repeat restaurants.


Ruby Tuesday Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment