Monday, September 9, 2013

Riccardi's Red Hots and Soda Fountain

I knew as soon as I walked by this place that I had to try it.  It is a 50's type diner.  It is located in downtown Sycamore, IL.


Orders are placed at the counter.

Isn't it cute?

The Menu
The menu is mainly burgers and hot dogs, but they also serve fried bologna, spam burgers and an Elvis burger (grilled peanut butter and banana) as well as several others. They offer a wide variety of toppings for your burgers and many are free.  They do charge extra for egg, bacon and mac & cheese as well as some other toppings, but the prices are not high. 

They offer some unusual side items like fried mac & cheese and broccoli cheddar bites.

I ordered a double cheeseburger with pickle, garlic mayo and ketchup.  It was so good!  The buns were toasted, which I love.  The burgers are thin, so I don't think I would want it as a single burger.  I loved the garlic mayo.  The fries were very good.
I was so excited that I added ketchup before I took the photo.  Sorry.  LOL
Jeff ordered a bison burger.  I didn't take a photo because it basically looked like my burger.  He said it was good.

We had pickle spears, too!  They were good.  They came with a ranch dipping sauce.

Pickle Spears
I really enjoyed eating here.  I am already planning a return visit.  LOL

Riccardi's Red Hots & Soda Fountain on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. If we are ever in this area, we'll definitely try this place. Mom used to make me fried bologna sandwiches when I was a kid. Yum!

    ReplyDelete