Friday, October 18, 2013

Riganato Old World Grille

Riganato Old World Grille is located in Geneva, IL.  This is a very small restaurant and I was concerned that we wouldn't be able to find a table on a Saturday night. We were the only guests for about ten minutes and then the restaurant filled up.

I was surprised that the menu was just printed on a plain piece of paper, but I knew from the reviews that the restaurant was newer and maybe they plan on getting different menus someday...maybe not.


It took me a while to decide what I wanted to order.  I debated between the pork loin, rib-eye and pizza.  I ended up ordering the rib-eye since pork is sometimes a little too rich for me.

Rib-eye with Smashed Garlic Baby Red Potatoes
The rib-eye was good, but I didn't care much for the seasoning.  It was a little strong.  I know, normally I complain that rib-eyes are not seasoned enough.  The potatoes were very good.

Jeff ordered the Chicken Riganato and Lamb Chops.  The reviews of the chicken rigananto were excellent, so he wanted to try it.

Chicken Rigananto and Lamb Chops with Roasted Potatoes
As you can see, it had a lot of seasoning on it.  The seasoning was lemon, oregano and garlic.  He said it was a bit too much seasoning.  I tasted it and didn't like it at all.  However, this restaurant has a 100% rating on Urbanspoon and is also ranked very high on Trip Advisor, so other people really do like it.  It is just not our type of food.

Many of the guests ordered pizza while we were there and it looked and smelled delicious. I would order that if I ever ate here again.

The waitstaff is extremely friendly and make you feel very welcome here.

Riganato Old World Grille on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment