Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Vintage @501

Vintage @501 is located in downtown Rockford, IL.


The restaurant has a nice decor.




I liked the mason jar light fixtures.
I think I am going to start taking photos of the restrooms in restaurants because I am seeing more and more that are unique.

Jackie Kennedy
I thought the picture of Jackie Kennedy in the restroom was unusual.  I asked Jeff is the men's restroom had a picture of JFK and he said "NO".

We started our meal with an appetizer.  We had heard from someone else that they had really good fried pickles, so you know we had to try them.

Battered Pickle Spears
The batter on the pickle spears was not seasoned, so that was a little disappointing.  They are served with a spicy range sauce. We liked them, but they needed a little something more.

I ordered the Western Burger. It had bacon, onion straws, cheddar cheese and tangy BBQ sauce.  I didn't care much for the BBQ sauce. I did like everything else though.  The fries were hand cut and they were good.

Western Burger
Jeff ordered the 50/50 Burger which is 50% Beef and 50% Bacon. It is topped with cheddar cheese, sriracha and an egg on a pretzel bun.  The bacon is inside the burger. He said the burger was really good and he enjoyed the fries.

50/50 Burger
 We enjoyed eating here. The service was great. The prices were average.

Vintage@501 on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment