Monday, May 6, 2013

Big Texan

When Jeff, my husband, said he wanted to eat here, I wasn't so sure.  I read the reviews and most were not very good.  However, I love doing the tourist things when we are traveling, so I decided to give it a try.  I am glad we did because the food was really good and it was fun eating there.

You can't miss the sign!




There is a food challenge that you can take.  You must eat 72 oz steak, Shrimp Cocktail, Baked Potato, Salad, with Roll, Butter.  If you eat everything, your food is free.  It not, you pay $72.
 
Inside the restaurant.



 


 I ordered the 20 ounce ribeye with a salad and mashed potatoes.

Salad is served in a cast iron skillet.

Look at that ribeye!  It is a 20 oz for $20. Yum!  Mashed potatoes are in the upper right.

Basket of butter sits on the table.

Jeff had the T-Bone and a sweet potato.
The food was really good and the prices were reasonable.  My $20 ribeye was much better than the $29 one I had at the Dusty Boot earlier in the week.  The staff was friendly.  I am so glad we visited this "tourist trap" as it is called.  It was fun and we made memories eating there.

There is a gift shop that is connected to the restaurant, so we visited it. It wasn't filled with the cheap, junkie stuff that you find at most gift shops. The only thing we purchased was a magnet in the shape of the Big Texan. We also visited the fudge shop and left with five squares of fudge.  It was a fun evening.


The Big Texan Steak Ranch on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. Wow you wouldn't go hungry with those portions. I don't think you'd get mash potato served with salad over here either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a really fun place to visit let alone eat there as well. Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete