Thursday, May 23, 2013

Rockfish Seafood Grill

This restaurant is located just a few blocks from our campground.  We hadn't planned on eating here because we thought it would be too expensive.  I looked at the menu online and realized it was very reasonable, so we decided to give it a try.



Inside Rockfish Seafood Grill


Outdoor fireplace
The restaurant is very casual.  There are fishing photos throughout the restaurant as well as big screen TVs.

We started our meal with the Rockfish Sampler which includes Classic Calamari, Volcano Shrimp and Spinach Dip.  The Volcano Shrimp has a spicy garlic chili sauce.   Jeff wasn't really impressed with the shrimp, but liked the calamari.  I am allergic to shellfish, so I ate the spinach dip.  It was fine, but didn't have much flavor.

Rockfish Sampler
I ordered the Flat Iron Steak which came with homemade mashed potatoes and then I chose homemade creamed corn as my side.  The meal was really good.  The steak was very tender.  The creamed corn and mashed potatoes were also very good.  My meal was $11.99.

Flat Iron Steak with creamed corn and mashed potatoes

 Jeff ordered the Cajun Combo which is a trio of Louisiana favorites: New Orleans Style BBQ Shrimp, blackened catfish, red beans and rice and crawfish etouffee.

Cajun Combo
Jeff enjoyed his meal.  He said the catfish was really good and only comes in second to NoNo's Cafe.  His meal was $15.99.

We really enjoyed eating here. The food was really good, the prices were reasonable and our waitress was great.

Rockfish Seafood Grill on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. I like the sound of Jeff's main! I'm intrigued that something was listed as "homemade mashed potato". I mean what else would it be?! It sort of sounds like they want congratulating because it's not out of a packet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's true about the mashed potatoes. I think it just makes it sound good. It sold me. LOL

    ReplyDelete