Tuesday, May 28, 2013

El Fenix Mexican Restaurant

This restaurant is located near our campground, but we didn't notice until this past weekend as it is located behind some buildings.  There are several locations in Texas.

Outside
The inside is nicely decorated.

 
Tortilla Chips
I normally do not take pictures of the tortilla chips, but these were so good.  They were very crisp.  They may have been deep fried.  I am not sure, but that is how they seemed to me.  I loved them.  The salsa was good.  We were each brought our own bowl of salsa which is really nice for those who like to double-dip.

I ordered the shredded beef chimichanga with chili con queso.  The only thing I didn't care for was the chili con queso.  It was very bland to me.

Beef Chimichanga
Jeff ordered the Supreme Fajitas. These are different from others because they are topped with fried onion strings.  He said they were really good.

Supreme Fajitas with Beef

Sides for the fajitas
We ordered a dessert that Jeff has been wanting me to try, but he hasn't been able to find it until we ate here.

Tres Leches
Tres Leches is a traditional Mexican cake that has been soaked in three milks.   It is so good!  This is definitely one of my favorite desserts now.

We really enjoyed this restaurant and if we are ever back in this area, we will be eating here again.


El Fenix Mexican Restaurant on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Bet you weren't hungry for a while after that....they sure like to use cheese a lot don't they! I love cheese....... Deccy x

    ReplyDelete